Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Making Plans

"We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps." ~Proverbs 16:9

Plans.....I've made so many plans. Begun so many things only to stop and start another. Sometimes feeling as though I'm on a roller coaster ride that just goes back and forth, up and down all of life's ins and outs. It gets confusing sometimes, knowing which way to go and which plan to follow. Never did I ever think that writing would be one of my plans. In fact, writing was NEVER one of my plans. It was the same thing with speaking in church in any capacity.

If you had asked me 10 years ago what I'd be doing today you most likely would have heard something like this: I'll have a couple of dessert café locations. Or maybe I would have said that I'd have a large bath and body product shop that was booming. I might have even told you that I would be working in a hospital as a Cardiovascular Tech. It could have even been that I'd have several nail salons with several strategically placed in clinics or drugstore/pharmacy clinics. Yes, I've been a chocolatier with a dessert café, I manufacture bath and body products, I am a Cardiovascular Tech, and I am a licensed nail tech. So every single one of those things was truly a possibility. But I NEVER would have guessed a Christian writer or speaker would have been on that list.

For several years now I've felt that writing and speaking was something I should be doing. I just never made those plans. Something happened about a year and a half ago though. After having been working in children and women's ministries for quite some time, speaking and teaching, things began to change. I began to change. My desires began to change. And, my plans began to change.

God spoke to my heart one day about the women and children I'd had the privilege to work with...He told me this was just in preparation for the future. I cannot fully explain what I felt or what I "heard" but I do know that God was leading me to something bigger. Not for me....but for all of His people. Not through MY words, but through HIS words, through HIS message for all of His daughters.

So, I made the plans, the Lord determined my steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment