Tuesday, September 8, 2015

God as Your Guide

Is God your guide on the highway of life?


It amazes me over and over how no matter what road I take in life I'm never really alone - even when I make poor decisions. I think that we all try to navigate our way to a destination without a map or directions - doing it on our own - at times. But it would be so much easier if we'd just use the map. It's the same thing in life. We try to make our decisions without prayer...without our Guide through life. And many times we make a huge mess and get lost along the way.

I don't know about you, but I get really stressed if I am driving somewhere and I get lost - especially if I am alone. I feel that way even in life sometimes. When I make a wrong turn and end up somewhere I didn't plan to be in life it can get scary. But knowing that God is always with me helps to ease that fear and anxiety. Sure, I still worry about some things. But just knowing that God is faithful and always there to open a door and light the path in the direction I should go is such a huge comfort....it's settling to know He's on my side...even when I've made poor decisions.

Isaiah 41:10 (NIV) So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.

The last several weeks have been tough on social media. I've seen so many that do not believe really attack in harsh ways the faith of those that do believe. I've read many things that have just really broken my heart. And many that just are adamant about not believing that God even exists. My heart breaks for them. When I see and hear people say that God does not exist I just cannot imagine a world without Him. No, I do not see Him with my physical eyes like I see my husband, my kids, my friends and family. But I see Him in everything around me. I see Him in my healed body. I see Him in my son that the enemy tried to steal from me multiple times already. I see Him every time a new door opens when I thought there was no other way. I see Him in the love I have for others and in the love in my relationships. I see Him in every sunrise. I see Him on every road I take in life. He is always, and has always been, the one constant that I could depend on. So it's difficult for me to understand why it is so hard for others to not see Him and not believe in His existence.

I've shared my past (well, a big part of it anyway) so it's no secret that I took a few wrong turns in my life. And it's no secret that I lived a life outside of a godly path. But I've also shared that now that I can look back on my life after taking those wrong turns I can see where God was with me and guiding me even when I didn't realize it. He never leaves us....He never left me. We just block Him out of our line of sight. But oh how wonderful it is when the path becomes clear...when we have a clear line of sight right to God.

I'm in a new transition in my professional life right now. And it could be a pretty scary transition. Yes, it makes me a little nervous. But what keeps me grounded is knowing that God is in the lead. He is guiding me every step of the way. It's up to me to listen and follow His lead though. I do not believe one door will close without God already having another cracked open, ready and waiting. So I look forward to what comes next. I look forward to how God is going to work and move in my life in this new season. And although it may stretch me a little (maybe even a lot), I'm going to breathe it all in, smile and just enjoy this new ride on this new road.

No comments:

Post a Comment